Monday, February 24, 2014

We have a washer in our apt!!!

Wow! I think I am going to do this more often... not email for a week then come to the computer and it's like Christmas all over again! 22 emails today! Yes! Well I am sorry for not being able to email last week... It was a little... crazy! However, I am transferred to a new area with a new comp! :) And I am still alive! p.s. It's warming right up!

Well I think I will have to back track and tell you of a couple things that happened two weeks ago while I was still in New City!

-Okay… when I get home, remind me of the bed bug story to tell you. Enough said. (and no it wasn't in my bed)
-Our two baptismal candidates couldn't be baptized on the 16th because their mom was going to be out of town... and she is a non-member and she really needed to be there. But don't worry! They were baptized yesterday, the 23rd and everything went perfect! Except I wasn't there... but it's all good! It's not about me! Just to know that they made that covenant with our Father in Heaven is enough to bring me happiness! :)

-I got a call on Saturday to ask me to Train another new missionary!!! Of course I said yes! :)

-Sunday night I get the text that I am getting transferred which meant that I am going to an area that me or my new comp doesn't know anything about! SUPER NERVOUS!!! (You call it white washing I guess... we call in being doubled in...)
-So Monday I was told I needed to be at a meeting in Morristown to talk about how to train again! :) That was nice! Then when I came back I spent the rest of the day saying goodbye to all my friends in New City, hence why I didn't email! :) Soorrryyy... but that was so hard... having to say goodbye to everyone... I was there for 6 months! I love those people sooo much! :( Our last convert was the hardest to say goodbye to... She is the sweetest! And also Sister Legg!!! My comp! She was the hardest to have to leave... :( But that's okay! I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord! :)

-Tuesday morning I packed... holy moly. I have a lot of junk. It's sick!!!! But then we went to transfer conference! I got my new companion! Her name is Sister Mendoza! She is from the Philippians! (another Filipina!) She is 21 years old and has a super strong Testimony of the gospel! She is so sweet! But then we found out where we were going!!!! We were going to be doubled into or white washing an area in NJ! Back to being a Jersey girl... but let me just tell you... I am on the JERSEY SHORE BABY!! :) haha ever seen that TV show that makes the Jersey Shore famous? Yes. That's where I am! Crazy right? There are some sweet places here... there are such nice houses and wow it's great! :) So That's the big news! :)
So needless to say, that being doubled in is a little different! Sister Webb (my old comp) was the one that was here last and so she had everything organized for us... but the best thing about being in a new area, you get to do things different! So we spent the first couple days going through the area book and figuring out what we needed to do and who we needed to see in this area! We had a couple of appts with people, mostly Less Actives and nothing really too exciting! :) Just get to know you lessons! We have one investigator that lives down stairs from us! She seems like a sweetheart and she already knows the Book of Mormon is true! :) But yes, we spent a lot of time on the phone calling people who used to meet with the missionaries! So this next week will be more exciting to report on! :) We have a couple appts set up already so that should be great! :) But we need some prayers that we will be able to find new people to teach! :)

Okay so this ward is incredible!!!!! Get this... our Bishop is named Bishop Lindeman! Guess who he is related to? Mark Lindeman! It's his uncle!!!! I told him that Mark used to teach me in primary! :) He grew up in Ogden and everything so I am excited... I am sure we know more people in common!!! Small world!!! :)
The ward though is really loving and Sunday was so great because we actually got to meet the ward members!!!! Phew! :) But that is that, our apartment is sooo nice! We have a washer in our apt!!! uh... I don't know anything else that is really cool... ha! But know that I am doing really good! :)

Next week I will be able to report a little better... but that's that! :) Do you even realize how true the church is?? It's the greatest! We have a living prophet on the Earth!!!!!!!!!! He talks with God!!!!!! Christ Suffered for our sins!!!! And we have a whole book just to prove it... wow! :) I love this so much!
Well have a great week! Loves from the Jersey Shore! :)

Sister Dahl
(Click on photos to enlarge)
 A few great families!!


 Sister and Legg and I!
Toooooo much stuff! 
 My new companion Sister Mendoza
Our group

No comments:

Post a Comment