Monday, April 14, 2014

Hey. Don't get in wrecks!

Welllll... hello I'm Sister Dahl and I have a driving problem. I like to run into the back of cars. Gahh! This week has probably been one of the worst weeks of my mission so far. But onnnn the bright side, I am still alive and doing well. :) Our car on the other hand... not so well! ha! Man.. :( 

Monday: P-DAY! Great day! Quickly turned bad. HA! Well we were out teaching lessons that night and it started to rain really hard. It was 8:30 and we didn't know where else to go because we were in an area that noo lights were on inside. So trying to be as consecrated as we could be, I wouldn't let us go home until 9 so we decided to pray and ask Heavenly Father where He wanted us to go... and while we were praying I got one of the strongest impressions I have gotten in a while to go to this persons house that lives by us! So we acted and we started driving! Well on the way there we come to this road and I see a speed limit sign that said 25 MPH and above it there was a flashing light telling me how fast I was really going... ya know what I am talking about? Well I was going 27... and trying to be perfect and safe I told myself.. "okay I need to slow down just a little bit.." So I was watching the sign and the numbers go down when all the sudden my companion screams and I look up and there is a Taxi dead stopped in front of us turning left into an apartment... doinks. I slammed on the brakes but it was so rainy and wet we hit the back of him. :( It didn't feel like we hit him that hard... but we got out and he was fine, we were fine, just the car wasn't... :( Sooooo we pulled over and waited for the cops. Two cops came and they talked with us... gave me a ticket for careless driving... and summoned me to court... wonderful. Then we get back into our car and start driving away and it smells like smoke! Soo, I was super scared we were going to blow up on fire I told the cop and he came and got in the car and drove it into a parking spot and he said, yes, we need to call a tow truck! Sooo then next thing we know our car is getting towed away. Doinks again. After that, we didn't have a ride home, so the cop said he would drive us! Soooo here we are... Missionaries in the back of a cop car!!! fyi: those things are not comfy. Did you know they are made out of plastic? I didn't... but anyways!!!!! Positive out of all this we had a nice conversation with the cop about Utah! haha But I didn't get to share anything with him... :( I was a little frazzled. But after he got out of the car and he told us he felt reallllyyy bad for writing me a ticket and he wouldn't have any problem with us trying to plead not guilty and knocking down the ticket! Nice guy! But there is the wreck story. I was trying to be good and obey the law! Gahh. What gets me is that I don't know why I was told so strongly to go to that persons house... makes me think that it kinda happened for a reason. Maybe the cop needed us, or the taxicab driver… who knows! But the rest of the week gets fun too... ha! p.s. no I didn't take a picture of the car… I don’t' want to talk about it... or ever see it again! haha I feel horrible! It got crunched! Another thing, our car director wouldn't answer the phone that night... I almost called you mother! I didn't know what to do!   

Tuesday: District meeting! We had to get the Sisters in our zone to pick us up and then we went there... we walked home... spent awhile filling out a report for our car... taught one lesson and that was really our day! ha! 

Wednesday: So as of right now I am not red dotted... meaning I can still drive, our district leader let us use his car because our area is so big and we need it to do any work. So that was really helpful and we were able to go and see a family! Which was great and that night we were able to see a Less Active that we have never met before and that was really good to see them! :) But that was really our night. 

Thursday: Court. 8:00 in the morning. We had a Senior couple come down and take us there… and be there for support. What missionary goes to court? gah. But we got there and they made us line up, go through a metal detector, then wait in big line to talk to a prosecutor. I was in a legit court. Like you see on TV and everything!!!!!! There was someone there who had a DUI... another person who was talking to the judge about getting in a fight with his moms boyfriend. Man. I didn't feel like I belonged. ha. Horrible. But it was my turn to talk to the prosecutor and I had my Book of Mormon and I put it right on the table... but I don't think he noticed... ha! But he asked me what happened and I told him the truth and then he looked and saw that I was from Utah, asked what I was doing here and I told him I am a missionary!!! Soooo then he sat there for a second... I prayed... then he said... okay I'll tell ya what I’ll do... I'll knock the ticket down to the lowest I can and we won't put points on your license. How would that sound? I said DEAL!!!!!!!! Ha! He said... plead guilty in front of the judge! Sooo then I had to sit there and wait for the judge to talk to me and when he called my name, I go up there and I said yes sir and everything and pleaded guilty and he said okay... we will do what the prosecutor says! So everything was great and done! :) Thennnn in front of the whole room he asks me... "Where is South Weber?" So I said... "by Ogden!" And he turns to the lady next to him and said... "I’m going to park city this weekend!" haha and she was like where is that? And he said... "This sweet lady knows where it is!!!" Soooo he had compassion! :) And I told him to have fun! :) hahah but goodness! Fun right?? I couldn't believe that I got off that easy!!!!!! No points and only a $56 ticket! Score! :) Thanks for all the prayers! Okay so that is that story... then we have another... so we got back to work that day and we had one of the coolest days. We were supposed to have a lot of appts lined up to see people and we had a member to drive us and go with us and everything... and little by little they all cancelled on us. :( but it was so cool because out of nowhere this Less Active called us and we have been trying to get ahold of this lady forever with no luck so it was really random for her to be calling! So I answered and I could tell something was wrong... and after about 2 seconds she broke down and started to cry and told me that she was getting evicted from her house and she didn't know where to go! Soo with all our appts cancelled we were able to say... hold on! We will be there at your house in a sec! So our member talked with her and it was so great because after a little bit we were able to calm her down and she really opened up to us! It was cool to see how Heavenly Father wanted us to be there for her at that time and he made sure he cancelled everything so we could! Ah. I love being a tool in His hands! :) After that we were able to go and see our inv. She is amazing and it was such a good lesson! We read 3 Nephi 11 and it was awesome! :) She felt the Spirit so strong! :) Ah. I love her! Then we walked on home!
Friday: Phew. This is long. Okay Friday, we had a car again so we got a lot done! :) We saw a sister we have taught…she is having boyfriend probs…not our purpose. Then we went to see another investigator and saw her and talked with her about the Book of Mormon. She couldn't understand why we needed it... she loves the Bible. But by the end, she understood and committed to read it! :) We also were able to see a sister in the ward and I cut her hair for service. Fun :) Then we were able to go and see another Less Active and had a good lesson with her. She just doesn't want to come to church... :( We don't know why! Fyi: We got a call that said our less active didn't get evicted!!!!! All the prayers worked and the people had compassion on her! :) 

Saturday: We were able to have correlation, and then we saw the less active again! We were able to go there with a member and help her feel ready to come to church! :) Had a great lesson with her and she was really excited to come to church! :) Then we had a day of studies and weekly planning so boring. 
Sunday: We have stake conf next week… weird right? So we had an Easter program today... But it was good! :) Our less active was super nervous to come to church so she didn’t' make it for Sacrament, but she came for the last two! :) She loved it and she brought her son and he loved primary! :) She is really progressing! And that is that!

Man... longest letter ever!!! Gah. Couple things: 1. I don't really know what will happen… I may get transferred... but I am just in the waiting game. :/ But because either of us can really drive we are just walking away… but pray I don't get transferred, I love it here! :) 2. The weather is beautiful! :) 3. I don't know what’s happening next week.. President just told us Elder Perry is coming to our mission next Monday! So we will be visiting with him and not emailing... I think. So I don't know when I will be on.. :) But that is really it! :) 
Preach My Gospel! I learned this week that sacred ordinances such as baptism help us experience Gods power. This is a line in there and I really thought about it this week. Isn’t that true? By feeling the power of God washing you clean. I don't remember by baptism but I can feel that power every time I take the Sacrament. That feeling that can't be described… but I know that it is His power. How lucky are we that we have those on the Earth. It DOES help me remember God more and helps me to FEEL it more! :) The Gospel is great. Sorry if that doesn't make sense... I'm tired of typing haah. I love you all! Never forget it! :) 

Love, Sister Dahl

(Click on photos to enlarge)
 The wedding from the week before
My face when we got in the wreck! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment