Monday, July 28, 2014

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING! :)

What a great day to be reporting from the East Coast.. Last night it thundered sooo LOUD I thought I was going to die... it's been raining like crazy here on the east. Like at least once a day. BUUUTTT I am okkkayy with that because it means that it isn't too hot! :) Hope you are all enjoying the heat! This weeeek though was a great one! Full of the Spirit...and way too much Spanish food. Love when that happens. 

Monday: We were able to go shopping on Monday… got a cute dress! :) Other than that, we saw a recent convert who is struggling but we were able to really talk to him about getting back on the path! Then we saw a family who just moved into the ward! They are from Utah and it is just cool to be able to be their first contact with someone from the church over here... It’s amazing when you meet someone in Utah you automatically have this connection. It's like family in the church! It’s the greatest! :)

Tuesday: We were able to go on exchanges after District meeting and I was able to go to FARDALE!!!!!! My birth place! It was so great... I didn't like being back into the small apartment haha but it was fun! I was able to go with Sister Bair and she is the greatest! We saw lots of potentials and I saw some of the old people I used to see so that was fun! But Sister Bair and I stayed up talking until like 2 in the morning! She is great and that was fun! haha 

Wednesday: 6:30 came way to early... but we were able to study and talk about things she needed help with (sometimes I am like a little counselor..) then we exchanged back and Sister Shearer and I had a busyyy day! We went to see our investigators from Brazil and that was great! :) They were excited to see us! Then we went to see some other investigators and had a really good lesson with them about the Articles of Faith actually… haha but it was good! She actually came to church on Sunday! So we were excited about that! Then we went to have dinner with a returning member family and they are so great! After that a lesson with another investigator and we talked about Family History and Temple work and it was sooo cool to see how excited he got when it clicked in his head what we do in the temple! :) Love that! :)
Thursday: We were able to walk and plan! We actually contacted lots of people then we walked to a member’s home for dinner and their family is all gluten free so we had a great gluten free meal! :) Heavenly Father blesses me so much! That was pretty much the day!

Friday: We were able to go on another exchange with the Spanish Sisters near Paterson and I went there... and let me just tell you... I have never eaten so much in my life. In the Spanish program the members love to feed you... every appointment you have they feed you and if they think you are skinny they give you more. So we had two meals back to back and it was stuffed full of chicken and rice and if you don't finish they get offended and it was a mess and oh my lanta I thought I was going to dieeee after the last one. Sister Clark was who I went with and not to mention I couldn't understand anything of what was happening in the lesson... she was laughing at me because I was so worried about the food! It was funny! But she is a great missionary so that was fun! 
Sat: WE were able to play soccer in the morning with the Spanish Branch! They are so good! Then we exchanged back! We had a pretty busy night. We went to see the two youth again. The girl is amazing and all by herself, read the story of Korihor and loved it! She found it in the back and was so excited to tell us! haha She is so smart! This next week she is going to girl’s camp! I know it will be a special experience for her! :) She will be baptized soon! Then we went to see another investigator again and had a great lesson with him about being Diligent! :) 

Sunday: Wonderful Sabbath day! :) CHURCH and then we were able to go to dinner with a member and that was fun (esp since they called you mom) then we were able to go and see a Recent Convert and we contacted for a while on the streets and got 2 return appts so that was fun! :) But it was a good day! :) 
That was the week. Man. I just wish I could explain things in more detail. I feel like my mission is sometimes a "have to be here" moment where It is sooo hard to explain but means soo much to me! :) Know that you have permission to pick my brain when I get home of all the stories and I will gladly tell you them all! :) I Love you and I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ does too! There is a verse today I read in the 45 section of the Doctrine and Covenants about making sure that we become Disciples of Jesus Christ that stand in Holy Places. That way, when things get hard, we shall not move! It really made me think... I don't want to be one that moves as I go through life... but as I am trying every day to be a disciple of Christ and doing what He wants me to do, the scripture says, I shall not move! :) Know I love you all and I am grateful for the way that you have showed how to be a Disciple for my Savior! Have a good week! 

Sister Dahl!
(Click on photos to enlarge)
 A random army tank
 Me and Sister Bair in front of the army tank
Me and Sister Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment