Monday, October 27, 2014

Is this real??

Dear Family..

I don't really know where to begin.. How to start this last email... how to even express what I am feeling right now. I can't! There have been so many emotions running through my mind this week and yet here it is! It's actually coming to an end.. It doesn't feel real. But my heart is so full of gratitude for this opportunity that I have been given to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know my time, my experiences, the people I have met and everything I have went through happened for a reason and will help me for the rest of my life. 

I am so grateful for the people here.. The Missionaries, the Members, Both my Mission Presidents, the Investigators and people on the street who have been able to touch me in a way I didn't think possible. I think about this a lot.. I never was planning on coming out on a mission.. but I can't even imagine my life without meeting these people! I was called to come here and to teach these people.. but in return they have all taught me something by what they say or what they do. I am forever grateful for that!

I am also so grateful for my family and friends at home! Thank you so much for the prayers, notes, emails, packages, words of encouragement to keep going! YOU! Have helped me in a way that I can't explain! My love for you has grown since I have been gone and I am so excited to be able to get back and see you all! Thank you though for your support and helping me along the way! I can't ever repay you for this.. :)

Last, I want to Thank my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for THEM allowing me to serve. My favorite scripture is Doctrine Covenants 84:88.. I HAVE indeed felt those angels, felt Their power and Their presence near me as I have ventured here in New Jersey. My testimony of Them and this gospel has grown so much and I will be forever grateful for that! I am grateful for the good times, but also the hard times, and for them taking me and shaping me into someone new! I couldn't ask for anything more for Them. I came on a mission to serve Them, to give a little bit back, but they in return have blessed me even more! 

Well Family. The only worldly (okay not the only worldly. I can't wait to sleep in my bed again.) thought that has come to my mind this week is the song..

"I'm going home.. To the place where I belong!" 

I can't wait to see you all! I love you! 4:12 SLC Airport.. Be there! :) 

Love, 
Sister Dahl
(Click on photos to enlarge)
Last trip to NY and the Statue of Liberty! :)







I'm coming Home!!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment