Monday, October 13, 2014

Wow... :)

Well it's just getting real. This week it is finally starting to hit me. I am going home in two weeks. All those crazy emotions I had right before I left... well they are back! It's weird to me… this is like my home! This is what I consider comfortable now! I have finally figured out how to be a missionary, and now I have to go face the real world and figure out how to be a real person again? I don't know what to do... Good thing I still have a couple of weeks to figure that out right? :) We had a great week this week! Thank you for all the prayers! Our baptismal candidate is set and good for Friday to be baptized! He feels he is strong and knows that being baptized is the right things :) Keep praying for him though! But here is our week!

Monday: Great P-day! As a zone we had a BBQ by the Hudson River... that was super fun! :) After that we were able to go to dinner with a member and he bought me a present for my birthday! Oh it was funny! He calls me Judy and it is a sweatshirt with Judy and a pic of Jersey on it! Pretty sweet!
Tuesday: We had Zone meeting! That was great! It was all focused on Revelation and qualifying to receive it! Something that I think I need ya know? Revelation as to what in the world to do with my life! haha! jk. I think I have it alllll figured out! :) But after that we were able to do some weekly planning then that night we had an apt with our newish investigator. We had a good lesson with him. He is actually a Doctor! He is super smart so it was more of him asking questions! But we managed to tell him about Joseph Smith and it brought the Spirit in right away! :) It was cool to see the way the Spirit humbled him... :)
Wednesday: We had the chance to go to Leadership Training! It's a whole day were the Leaders give trainings and we role play all day! It is for the new missionaries! It was super good because we didn't have to give a training... we just helped with the role plays! It was fun and the Spirit is always strong when you get a lot of missionaries into a room! After that Sister Coulam and I were able to go and see a former whose son is actually a Less Active and we were able to meet with them both and get to know them and we should be seeing them next week! It was cool that they were both there! After that we went to another Less Active and had a great lesson with him... he is super struggling right now.. :( but hopefully he will let people help him :)
Thursday: We had the same training! So that took up most of the day and after that we all got together and watched the new movie "Meet the Mormons" AHHH! It was so great! Clears up so many misconceptions about the Church! I loved it so much! :) If you can-Watch it!!!!! And then we did some weekly planning! Woot!
Friday: I was actually able to go to Englewood and be on Exchange with Sister Allen! She is a sweet sister and we had some fun going and teaching people in her area... I honestly don't even remember their names but it was a good night!
Saturday: After we exchanged back we were able to have some time and we worked and then we went to the church and our ward put on an International night with the Spanish Branch! :) IT WAS SO FUN! There was at least 10 different countries represented and they cooked food and we ate it and they danced! Wow it was so cool! I love Jersey! :)
Sunday: Well... It was my last fast and testimony meeting as a missionary! Wow! Of course I went up and bore my testimony and started to cry! AND I DON'T CRY!! My emotions just got the best for me as I reflected my time as a missionary! I truly am grateful for this opportunity! After church we were able to see a referral and then stop by some Less Actives that were super nice and wanted to see us again :) So that was a great day!
So that was our week! Today we had an all Sisters p-day (hence why we are late emailing) because the Sister Training Leaders put it on and it was good... I gave hair and make-up tips! I am rusty and have to think about all that stuff again! Weird... but it was fun! :)
I just know that I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to represent my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I know and can stand as a witness that He Lives! He Loves us! And that His Atonement is real. I am grateful that I have come to know and feel the power of his Atonement on my mission and know that it is there for me for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the chance I have had to allow people to feel and use His Atonement as well!
Know I love you all very much! Next week I'll be inside the Statue of Liberty on Monday so I don't know when I’ll email... but know I love you all and hope you have a good week! :)
Sister Dahl
(Click on photos to enlarge)
 Sister Allen, Sister Brown and I
Me and the other gluten geeks in the mission with our special food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment