Monday, November 25, 2013

It's absolutely FREEZING!


Mom. I am starting out this letter to you, I am sorry to hear that it has been cold in St. George. But I must say... I will take Utah Cold any day over this! hahah (I’m really trying hard not to complain..) but it hasn't gotten up above 30 degrees for two days in a row! It's absolutely FREEZING! That's all! But it was a good week! :) I have some exciting news...
Tuesday! Well Tuesday was our usual day, District Meeting in the morning then we had appointments that day and they ALL ditched out on us :( nooo fun! ha so we had to resort to being a missionary and trying to find people! We went around to different Less Actives and formers and old referrals and we found one way cool guy who is interested in Family History work! He had a Book of Mormon... but wasn't interested in lessons, but our ward has a family history library that should be opening soon so we told him we will be in touch with that! :) Then we will teach him that way! :) But it was a good day still! :) We still have the Gospel of Jesus Christ with us! Why not be happy?!

Wednesday: For some reason, Wednesdays are our busy days! But I am totally okay with that! :) It was a great day! We first saw a new investigator. He is from Haiti and his uncle is a member and he just wanted to learn more! We found him by trying to find his uncle who is Less Active! That was cool! But he is awesome and he really is interested so we had a great first lesson with him and scheduled another appt for this next week! Then we did service for someone the Elders met, we raked their leaves and so that was really great! Then we ran to pick up Sister Kay and we went to see an investigator. Goodness. He needs to be baptized already! ha he is just so great! We taught him the plan of salvation and it was really good! I think it answered a lot of his questions! Then we went to see our older investigator... we don't really know what to do with him. We had a great lesson, we just don't know if he will really progress. So we have been praying about him. Then we went to see a Less Active. She is struggling right now, so it was a good visit. Then we went to see another Less Active. He is so cool. We taught him how to study the scriptures! So that was fun! Then we met with our new investigator! He is the one that has loads of questions. We tried to help him and told him that we could answer every question he has with the Book of Mormon so we ended with that and we will try to study out his questions. We just hope he accepts them. However, he told us he had a friend that is interested in learning more too! So hopefully that will happen! :) Then that was our night! Phew! Needless to say, we were sure tired! I love busy days because you are able to fall asleep FAST! :)

Thursday: Well we woke up and started to study and all that and right during the middle of my studies we get a call from President! He asked to talk to me and extended a call to me to be a trainer for a new missionary coming in this week! AH! Of course I accepted and but I am super nervous! The rest of the day was us getting ready for the transfer. We did weekly planning, cleaned, and then headed to young womens! And that was it!

Friday: We had to wake up and start driving because there was a trainers meeting at the mission home that morning! So I dropped Sister Gaihe off in Passiac, NJ and picked up another Sister and went there! President is so amazing and it was a great experience. Really humbling to know that I have been called to train a new missionary! We had lunch and Sister Jeppson even had Gluten-Free Bread for me! :) She is the best! Then we went back to our area! That night Sister Gaihe and I were able to teach our investigator who is thinking about baptism! We had a great lesson with her and she said she is going to pray for a date to be baptized... she said when she chooses one, she will move it! But if the Lord chooses it, she will keep it! :) She is doing really awesome! She tells us stories about how she defends the church at work all the time! :) Then we met with her son, a recent convert and had a great lesson with him about the Book of Mormon! So that was really great! :) Then that was all we had time for that night.

Saturday: This was a great day! We were able to first teach a member who is really great! Then we taught a lesson with a less active who is really trying to change! She is so sweet! We had a great lesson with her about the Holy Ghost and how to feel it!

Then we had the great opportunity to meet with another Less Active that we haven't met before and she is going through a really rough time and she is really sweet! It was a good, get to know you lesson, and she said we could come back whenever! :) THEN we had a dinner with a member, Herbal Life again. Woot. She is just so sweet though. But while we were eating... I mean drinking.. IT STARTED TO SNOW! So Sister Gaihe got so excited so we went outside and took pictures! It snowed for like 5 mintues haha but it was still fun! :) and that was pretty much our night! :)
Sunday: Great day at church... only sad thing was no investigators were there! But a couple of Less Actives came so that was great! :) AH! Cool thing was one of our 3 members that really speak French gave a talk! It had to be translated for us but it was fun to try and catch some of the French words i have been trying to learn :) We took lots of pictures for Sister Gaihe with all the members and that was that! After church we had a busy day. Our sister investigator called us and said she was in the hospital, she has heart problems... :/ She is fine... but we went to see her! :) It made her day! We also were able to go and pick up food from a member who had a whole lot of stuff for us! :) That was fun! Then we were able to go see our recently baptized sister! She is still doing good! :) We love her so much! But that was our Sunday! Then we got the text to confirm that Sister Gaihe will be leaving and that was that!

I am sad to leave Sister Gaihe, I love her so much! She is so sweet and has taught me so much! So tomorrow we will have transfer conference all day in Short Hill, NJ and there I will find out who my new companion is! I am so excited but so nervous! It's crazy how much of an effect trainers have on new missionaries and I hope to live up to what the Lord expects!

But oh yeah, it's thanksgiving this week! AH! I think the Kay’s are having us over so that will be fun! Plus the mission is getting together in the morning for a TURKEY BOWL... I guess just to play games... our mission is out of control! haha :) I love it! But over all this Thanksgiving I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior for allowing me the chance to be a missionary! The things that I have learned, the people I have met, and the experiences I have had, I will never forget! I love my Savior more than anything and will always be indebted to him! Well Happy Holidays to everyone and know that I love you! :)
Sister Dahl!
(Click on photos to enlarge)
 Friends at Family Home Evening


Welcome to New York...and the Snow!
 A good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment