Thursday, December 26, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :) :) :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :) :) :) Can you even believe it!??!?! We get a whole day to celebrate our Lord and Saviors birth! Cool thought... We wouldn't even be celebrating His birth if it wasn't for His Atonement! Everything is so centered around His Atonement! I am so grateful to be able to celebrate the fact that we CAN live with our Father again because of Jesus Christ! Because HE came into the world! Because HE was born!
Well let’s just say this week was a little rough... it was supposed to be the best week of the mission! :) But guess who was a sick little duck? :( Of course. But all is well! I made it out alive! :) And I am ready for Christmas! :)
Well I already told you how Tuesday went right?? So I think we need to start back up with...
Wednesday! Well Wednesday we had the opportunity to go to Morristown in the morning for a meeting with all the new missionaries and the trainers. They get them all back together and we all talk and see how we are doing... it was great! :) I have a really great trainee... ha! Sister Legg is the best and so easy going! I am very grateful! :) We had a full day of that! Oh this day I also told President that if he put me in a place with horses that I would knock on all the doors... He just laughed... I think I might have to bring this up to the man upstairs... But after that we were able to go on exchange with the Sister Training Leaders! Sister Ward came with me in New City and Sister Legg went with another Sister in Emerson. So it was great! We had a busy night! Sister Ward has already served in New City so it was fun because she got to see people again! :) We went to see our LA and had a great lesson with him about recognizing the Spirit then we were able to see our baptismal candidate and talked with her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and about repenting every day! It's so amazing to be able to get people into that habit! Something that is so important! :) And that was our night! But it was good! :) p.s. this night I started to have a sore throat... :(
Thursday: We exchanged back with our companions and then were able to do weekly planning! Needless to say I did not feel good at all this day... :( We also helped set up for the ward Christmas party this night at the church!
FRIDAY: Well today was the day were we had an ALL mission conference in Morristown! Every missionary was going to be there ALONG with the famous singer... ALEX BOYE!!!!!! :) Greatest day ever right?? Well guess who wakes up Friday morning with a 102 degree fever?!?!?!? Thats right... I do! Joy to the world... I was delusional! haha I couldn't even walk straight! haha But I was not going to miss this day!!! Sooo we called the nurse and she said take some pills and I could come if I was anti-social and didn't talk to anyone... (that's super hard for me.. but I agreed!) But the greatest part was that I was able to receive a Priesthood blessing and I went on! :) I kind of slept during the first half of it so I don't really know what was going on... ha but by lunch I was feeling much better! :) Then during lunch ALEX BOYE (who is Presidents son-in-law) he sang Christmas songs for all of us! So funny... he is a great performer! Had us all laughing! :) Then after that he talked to us about setting expectations! He is a great speaker too! :) After that we were able to get pictures with him and then we were able to go into a room where alll our packages were!!!! There were sooo many! So we grabbed all of them and put them in our car and went on home! :) So I was super glad I went and didn't miss out... I tried my hardest not to talk to people... haha but all is well! I went home that night and my sweet comp cooked me chicken noodle soup (gluten free) and then I went to bed!
Saturday: I woke up without a fever! WOO! :) hah but we were able to go get everything ready for the Christmas party again then we went out and worked for a little bit, we were able to see our recent convert! :) We hadn't seen her in a while so that was a great chance to meet with her! :) She is doing good! :) Then we were able to have the ward Christmas party that night! :) We had a great turn out!!! There were so many non-members there it was hard to talk to them all! But it was great! :) The ward came out with presents for us missionaries! It was so sweet of them! :) I really do love this ward so much!

Sunday: Well we woke up and went to church! :) We had a Christmas program in Sacrament full of music! We did a song as missionaries and it went great… minus I couldn't sing! haha I mouthed the words and everyone else sounded wonderful :) then after church we were able to go and teach a family who has been coming to church! They are kids and their grandma is already a member so we talked to them! :) It was super great! They are confused about what church to join so going over Joseph Smith was awesome! :) Then we were able to go to Morristown AGAIN and have a missionary fireside where all the English missionaries sang songs for people about the Christmas story! It was great again! Minus the singing part for me haha but he Spirit was super strong! :) And there were members from all over...even FARDALE that came! :) So it was fun seeing them again! But then we drove home and went to bed! :) That was our Sunday!

That was really our week! :) I am feeling much better... it was just scary at first! :) But hopefully I will be alllll better for Christmas! :) I can't wait to talk to you this week! That will be the best present I could get! I really love you all and am so grateful to have you in my life!
I am also so grateful for my Lord and Savior coming into this Earth to suffer and die for me! I know HE lives! I know that He is what Christmas is all about!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goooooood night! :)

XOXOXO
Sister Dahl
(Click on photos to enlarge)
Us and ALEX BOYE!! (don't mind my ugly hair...hah didn't get ready)
 A sweet Sister and I at church!
 
The 4 girls i came out with! :) Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment